The Swim Machine!
We hope you will consider signing up your child(ren) for participation on the CSTC swim team, the Swim Machine. It is an excellent way for your child to better swim techniques, meet and exceed personal benchmarks for increased self esteem, and learn the importance of sportsmanship. Swim meets are exciting and fun and enhance the sense of community. Children must be a minimum of 4 years old. There is an additional fee for team dues that is used to fund coaching salaries. Please scroll down to review the meet schedule, see information on the team suits, dues, and time trials. Should you have additional questions, please contact Julie Schroeder, our Swim Team Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s Not Too Late to Join!
Desert family meeting / meet the coaches begins on May 22. Please join us at 6:30pm to meet the coaches and to welcome our new families! In water practice begins on May 23 at 5:30pm. Swimmers can join at anytime during the season, but we’d love to have you join us at the beginning! Just email Julie Schroeder at the email above and she will help you get set up for your child to attend his or her first practice.
Team dues must be paid before the first swim meet. DO NOT leave money in the shack. Checks must be made to Crabtree Swim and Tennis Club, with SWIM TEAM stated clearly in the memo. Pay Julie Schroeder at any of the swim practices. $80 per child, with a family cap at $200.
June 6 Scrimmage / Time Trials @ Oak Park
June 13 @ Planter’s Walk
June 20 Zebulon
June 27 Life Time Athletic Raleigh
July 5 @ Raleigh Racquet
July 11 Wendell (Senior Night)
July 18 @ Lakemont
July 24/25 TSA Championship
- Team Swim Suits: We are using plain black suits again this year! Girls suits and boys jammers can be purchased several places around town from Omega, Dicks, etc. A green stripe down the side is totally fine.
- Team Sponsors: If you or your company would like to sponsor the swim team, please contact Julie Schroeder at 919.244.6246. Your company name and logo will be displayed on a banner at our swim meets, displayed on our web site and shared on our social networks like Facebook. Money will be used to purchase team t-shirts and awards for the banquet. View Sponsor Packages!
- Meet Volunteers: The swim team could not function without its wonderful parents. Please consider helping – no experience necessary!
- Pancake Breakfasts Tuesday mornings – check board and sign up to cook or bring supplies.
- Meet Volunteers – check the board for a variety of positions or email Julie Schroeder
- Hot Dog Dinners after home meets – we need someone to set up during last relays and collect money
- Shack workers – sell food and drinks during home swim meets
- Banquet Committee – decorations, cake and paper products, awards, finding a locations
- Championship Swim Meet: This meet, formally JC meet or TSA meet, has gone through several changes over the years. Unfortunately, many of our swimmers have not yet experienced this type of competition. It is a long day, but a very exciting day. It is a seeded meet, meaning swimmers are put in lanes and compete with swimmers with similar times. The electronic timing system allows spectators to see places and times immediately. VERY exciting! Please consider having your child/children participate in this meet.
- TSA Reps: We are excited to have Frank Koch and Livija Boerema as our TSA Reps this year!
May 20 - May 21
Sat. 10am - 9pm
Sun. 11am - 8pm
May 22 - June 8
Mon. - Fri. 11am to 8pm
Sat. 10am - 9pm
Sun 11am - 8pm
June 9 - Aug. 27
Mon. - Thurs. 10am - 8pm
Fri. - Sat. 10am - 9pm
Sun. 11am to 8pm
Aug. 28 - Sept. 4
Mon.-Thurs. 11am to 8pm
Fri. 11am to 9pm
Sat. 10am to 9pm
Sun. 11am to 8pm
Special Holiday Hours
Memorial Day 10am - 8pm
July 4 10am - 9pm
Labor Day 10am - 8pm
3305 Fairhill Dr. Raleigh, NC 27612
Do you have questions?
Contact Todd Barlow,
Membership Director at
919-747-9642 or by Email